Star Theatres, 145 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton
Weekdays January 11th to 22nd showcase performance Saturday 23rd 2016
We are looking to develop performers with an interest in Musical Theatre, Stand-up comedy, Sight Acts, Magic or any other style of performing which will benefit from more direction and production.
Aim of Live Performance Summer School
To find and develop new working Performers for now and the future, coached by industry professionals, and to prepare them for the entertainment industry.
Areas covered are:
- Choice of materialDevelopment
- voice production
- stage presence
- accompanying others (e.g. Back-up singing or acting)
- mental attitude
- clothing makeup and personal styling
- self-promotion and marketing
- working within a group (both large and small)
- Direction and general production and organisation.
- lighting, audio and set design
- Stage requirements and terminology.
The course will conclude with a cabaret performance of the acts created during the summer school. It is to be held at Star Theatres on Saturday January 23rd, with the opportunity to perform their act at “Cabaret under the Star” in October 2016. Chosen participants will also appear on the national TV programme “Our Time” throughout 2016.
The classes, held over 2 weeks, will offer coaching and direction specific to each act and base learning required for any performer. By the end of the 2 weeks, each participant will have a ‘cabaret Act’ or ‘audition piece’ suitable to their age and development.
- Each participant will also have the opportunity to work on a time-line plan to help achieve ambitions.
- A panel will assess the performance & award a mentor scholarship to the value of $500 for an individual or acts development. There will also be a mentor scholarship of $250 for the audience’s favourite act on the night.
- Lesson notes are available after each lesson (where relevant)
- Each class will commence with a warm-up stretch/ballet class to develop good posture, breathing and body awareness.
- Over the course each participant will have 3 ½ hour private classes with the tutor of their choice, in either voice, movement, speech, or direction and a group workshop style class to discuss their ‘show plan’ or script.
- Participants will also work in small groups in the 3 main disciplines of Acting, Singing and Dance dependent on their preferred direction.
- At the end of the course all participants will have a one on one with the course director to help develop a plan their future and to receive constructive criticism from the tutors.
- Each day will commence at 9.15 with 15 minute morning break, a lunch break at 12.30pm, a 15 minute afternoon break, and the course will finish each day at 5:00pm.
- All Tutors are industry professionals whose aim will be to guide participants into good performance habits, develop confidence in their chosen direction and develop the skills they already have.
Please fill in the enrolment form on the next page.
Cost $495.00 including GST
Can be paid in full or in 3 installments,
$150 to book the course (this fee is not refundable)
$200 on the first day of the course,
$145 on the first day of the second week
Cash, Cheques and Credit Card accepted.
Contact Details:At Star Theatres 145 Sir Donald Bradman Drive Hilton 5033 www.startheatres.com.au 8234 1800